Monday 12 November 2012

Lemon, Lime Sorbet



Continuing my mini Mexican fiesta I decided we needed something that you would easily be able to eat on its own or be able to douse in tequila and make a drink out of it. We also needed something sweet because Jess assures me she would actually die if she didn’t get some kind of treat after dinner. We considered making margaritas but instead settled on Lemon, Lime Sorbet.

I have really been on a roll making simple things that I had never considered making before and Sorbet does not disappoint. Making Sorbet is about as easy as making buttered toast so unless you’re my Dad you can probably do this.  

Ingredients:

- 1 cup castor sugar (fine Sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon, lime juice (I topped it up with some lemonade in the fridge because my limes weren’t juicy enough)
- 1 tablespoon lemon, lime zest

Directions:

Mix water and sugar together in a small pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins. Add the juice and zest then pour into a container and put in the freezer. Stir every 30 mins or so until it sets up. After 3 hours or so it is perfect margarita consistency and 4 hours it was perfect Sorbet.  

There is just enough sugar to cut through the acid of the fruit and get rid of the “icy” taste making this the most refreshing snack for a hot summer day. If you a really adventurous rim your glass with salt, pour in tequila and enjoy a mini-margarita for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment