Friday 2 November 2012

Grilled Cheese with Rosmary and Gouda

 
I have recently become obsessed with putting rosemary on everything. I put it on the standard meat and potatoes, but have also been throwing it in sandwiches a wraps and pizzas. The tastiest application of rosemary for me has been the ultra simple “Grilled Cheese” sandwich.

Grilled cheese has been a staple cold weather, hangover, sick remedy that I have always eaten with tomato soup. I always loved when my Mom would whip up a grilled cheese sandwich and a tin of tomato soup. Generally the idea would be to dunk the sandwich in the soup but my aversion to hot (temperature hot) foods always left me eating them separately. I haven’t been sick or drunk so far this week so I don’t really have a reason for the making the sandwich other than as a vessel of transport for eating rosemary. I have also tossed in some anchovies as well making it a real "grown up" sammy.

Ingredients:

-          Bread
-          Gouda
-          Rosemary
-          Butter

Directions:

This sandwich really has no place on a food blog other than I like it (I also had the camera nearby). Butter one side of each piece of bread. Cut the cheese and pile it in the sandwich. Chop the rosemary and sprinkle it throughout the sandwich. Grill on medium heat until the bread is golden and crunchy and the cheese is oozy and melty. Wait to eat until the cheese is a temperature between molten and room… if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment