Saturday 20 October 2012

Steak with Flavoured Butter

I bought a $15 charcoal grill named “Jackaroo” from K-mart and decided I would try my hand at grilling some steak for dinner. We have not had a BBQ for nearly a year so I was eager to get something on the grill.
I have never really grilled on charcoal so I purchased a fairly inexpensive cut of meat (just in case I ruined it) and decided I’d spice it up a bit with some flavoured butter.
Making flavoured butter is about the easiest thing you can possibly do. I made Parsley Garlic butter.

Ingredients:

-          Fresh flat leaf parsley
-          Garlic
-          Unsalted butter
-          Salt and pepper

Quantities depend on your personal tastes. I let the butter come to room temperature then chopped up the parsley and garlic and mixed it together, added a little salt and pepper and it was 95% done. I spooned it onto some cling wrap and twisted it into a little log and tossed it in the fridge to harden. You can unwrap it and cut a disc off for anything after that.

After grilling the steak I put a slab on top of the meat and let it melt into it. It actually added a ton of flavour to the meat and looks like you’ve done something pretty fancy when you literally took 5min to put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment